Honey, I'm home!
This week, here at The Craft Store we wanted to dedicate one of our blog posts to famous author A. A. Milne. Best known for his Winnie The Pooh books. The 18th of January has now become ‘Winnie the Pooh Day’ as a tribute of to Milne, and the day he died. Before the huge success of Winnie the Pooh, Milne joined The British Army and served in both world wars. Here we have found some other interesting facts you may or may not have known about Milne and his biggest success, Winnie the Pooh…
- The A. A. stands for Alan Alexander.
- Winnie the Pooh and his friends were based on his sons stuffed animals. The original toys are on display in The New York Public Library.
- Christopher Robin is the name of Milne’s son.
- Milne was born in Scotland and raised in Kilburn, London.
- Hundred Acre Wood was inspired by Ashdown Forest in Sussex.
- The original Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy was a Harrods bear.
- Winnie the Pooh loved honey!
We thought a good business to feature in this weeks blog, considering Milne was born in Scotland and created the second most valuable character in history who had a slight honey addiction would be, The Edinburgh Honey Co.
The founders of The Edinburgh Honey Co have been keeping bees in Scotland since 2017. Their range of honey is all jarred, packed and shipped by hand using recycled materials and only the best honey untouched by additives, syrups and preservatives. We think this honey would definitely be up to Winnie the Pooh’s standards! Check out their amazing range of honey, innovative infusions and beeswax candles on our website! thecraftstore.com/brand/947/edinburgh-honey-co