Ready for a new craft project? Celebrate Baby’s first festive season with this cute Babygrow and bib set.
Skill Level: Easy
Time to Make: 30 mins to 1 hour
Here is what you will need:
- Cricut Explore Air™ 2 or Cricut Maker™
- Cricut Standard Grip Mat
- Cricut EasyPress™
- Cricut EasyPress™ mat
- Weeder tool
- Cricut BrightPad™ (optional)
- Babygrow and bib
For products, click here.
Open Cricut Design Space™ and insert image #MC717814 – Baby’s First Christmas. Ungroup the image so that you have two separate images, depicted in the layers panel in different colours.
Add a text box and choose ‘DJ Juicy’ from the font menu. Type in the year and resize to fit inside the hat. Hide the layer with the hat and weld the font to the remaining image. Unhide the second layer and then group both of the layers. Resize to fit your babygrow.
Duplicate the grouped image and resize to fit your bib.
Time to cut.
Be sure to mirror the image when using iron-on and place the shiny side (clear liner) onto the mat.
Cut the design in two of the colours from the foil Iron-On sampler pack in separate passes through the Cricut machine. Note that each colour will have two designs, one for the babygrow and one from the bib. You may want to reposition them on the mat preview to make weeding easier.
Remove the negative pieces of Iron-On using a weeder tool so just your design remains on the clear liner.
Using a Cricut EasyPress and EasyPress mat apply the Foil Iron-On layers to your babygrow and bib. Use the interactive guide for the perfect time and temperature settings:
- https://cricut.com/en_us/heatguide and always protect your entire first layer of the design with the transfer sheet when applying heat a second time.
- If you have never used Iron-On or an EasyPress before, this article may help: https://help.cricut.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009552833-Glitter-Iron-On-Cutting-and-Application-Instructions.
- Babygrow Iron-On image is approximately 7” x 6.5” (18cm x 16.5cm)
- Bib Iron-On image is approximately 14” x 3 ¾” (10.5cm x 9.5cm)
For additional crafting inspiration visit our website at Hochanda.com.